Kenya Airways Position StatementReceived on – 23rd March 2020
We in Kenya Airways have been working hard to help our passengers return to their homes given the increased travel restrictions across the world.
As we mentioned in our previous communication, we have been forced to reduce our network by over 70% and it had become increasingly difficult to continue offering international passenger services. Today the Government of Kenya has issued a directive that requires all incoming and outgoing international passenger traffic to and from Kenya to cease from midnight on 25th March 2020.
To comply with this directive, we have therefore temporarily suspended all international services effective midnight 25th March 2020, until further notice.
We will continue to operate cargo flights particularly so that we are available to offer emergency services or much needed supplies. In the meantime, our domestic flights to Mombasa and Kisumu remain operational.
Throughout this crisis, we have received incredible support from our staff, customers and well-wishers and we would like to thank you all for this acknowledgement of the dedication and hard work from all of the Kenya Airways family. We also recognize that these sudden changes have greatly inconvenienced many of our customers and we would like to apologize sincerely for this but hope that we will come back stronger than ever in due course.
Customers affected by the suspension will be able to change their bookings for later travel or exchange their booking for vouchers for future travel within 12 months. Additional information is available on our website www.kenya-airways.com
We thank you for your support during this time and look forward to serving you on board our flights in the near future.
Latest Schedule Updates – Kenya AirwaysReceived on – 17th March 2020
Discontinuation of Headset Issuance
- Kenya Airways will stop issuing headsets for use across all flights with immediate effect.
- This is to support other efforts that minimize person-to-person transmission of communicable diseases.
- Guests are advised to carry their own head/ earphones that can be used together with a 3 pin jack which can be purchased at duty-free stores across all airports.
We care for your Safety, Security & Hygiene
Nothing is more important to us than your health and safety. Kenya Airways has taken the below measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Activation of our Crisis Management protocol to proactively address situations as they arise and implement appropriate actions.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures in all our aircraft before a flight. These procedures cover seat armrests, seat pockets, headrests, tray tables, seatbelts, galleys, overhead luggage compartments, windows, carpets, and lavatories.
- Increased the frequency of layover cleaning of our aircraft from once every fourteen days to once every seven days
Security & Hygiene Measures
- Continue to work closely with the local health authorities in Kenya and across our network, as well as follow guidelines provided by the World Health Organisation, IATA and other global health authorities.
- All our aircraft have High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration systems installed to keep the air clean during flight.
- Avail hand sanitizers in our aircraft, offices and other service areas.
- Trained and sensitized our crew and staff on various measures to ensure they
Hygiene Practices on Kenya Airways Aircrafts – Watch the Video
Stay tuned for more updates.
If you have booked your flight with us and want to know more on the flight availability, please contact us –
Please download our Memo HERE
Emergency Mobile Number: 254 700 372 398
Office Number: 254 733 606 617 | 254 721 763 949