A message from Jon Brown, CEO, Virgin Limited EditionReceived on – 17th March 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect the world as we know it, there is no denying the huge challenges all of the travel industry are facing together.
In my 40 years of travel, I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like this and I appreciate there are uncertain times ahead for many. However, what I do know is that the travel industry is resilient and we will all emerge from this situation together, and stronger than ever before.
As we experience flight cancellations, border controls and government advisories across many of the countries we operate in, we have been forced to make some extremely difficult decisions about temporarily closing some of our properties. But, what has always made Virgin Limited Edition so special is our people and together we are determined to put our guests and staff at the forefront of everything we do and remain operating in those areas where we are able to do so. We will ride out this storm.
For those guests still travelling, we are doing everything we can to ensure their wellbeing and they remain our number one priority, along with our staff.
We are continuing to follow both the advice of the World Health Organisation and that of government guidelines and have rigorous plans in place should an outbreak occur at any of our properties.
As a group, we are continuing to monitor the situation vigilantly on a daily basis and have in place stringent cleaning measures, on-site medical staff, and new initiatives to help prevent any such risk to both our staff and guests, who are still travelling. To help alleviate any concerns, please see below a list of some of the key measures we are taking across all of our Virgin Limited Edition properties:
- All of our staff are receiving ongoing briefings regarding COVID-19 and have rigorous processes in place, should any of our guests or staff feel unwell.
- All of our properties have dedicated medically trained staff or nurses on site or readily available; should our guests have any medical concerns.
- The frequency of our cleaning processes has been increased across all of our properties in both our staff and guest areas.
- Additional hand washing has been reinforced across all properties using the correct methods and relevant reminders are in place across all of our staff areas.
- For the time being we have replaced all cloth hand towels with disposable hand towels, air dryers and sanitising hand rub gels with a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Alcohol based hand rub gels have been placed in both staff and guest areas across all properties. Additionally, these are also provided at the point of entry into the property for staff and guests and on-board vehicles used for picking up and dropping off guests; as well as for game drive vehicles. Additionally, any vehicles used for transportation are being fully cleaned after each use.
- We have implemented additional screening measures by means of temperature checking to minimise any risk for both our guests and staff, as well as suppliers.
- Following the advice of the World Health Organisation, our staff have been informed not to shake hands, so please do not take offence and be assured this is in the very best interests of our guests and staff wellbeing during this time.
- All communal snacks or finger bowls have been removed across all of our properties; instead our guests will be provided with snacks that are sealed, or in individual portions.
We do appreciate that some of our guests with future bookings may have concerns around their future travel plans and in light of this our teams will be more than happy to find a suitable solution should anyone not be in a position to travel.
We are incredibly proud of the exceptionally high standards across all of our properties and while our absolute priority is our guests and staff wellbeing, it is also to ensure we continue to provide the incredible experience we are renowned for – even in the most challenging of times.
Everyone at Virgin Limited Edition and I stand ready to do all we can, and you can be assured of our upmost support as we continue to navigate our way through this difficult situation.
We will continue to deliver upon the Virgin Limited Edition magic.
Stay Tuned for more updates.
If you have booked your flight with us and want to know more on the flight availability, please contact us –
Please download our Memo HERE
Emergency Mobile Number: 254 700 372 398
Office Number: 254 733 606 617 | 254 721 763 949