Flight Suspension Notice Ethiopian AirlinesReceived on – 23rd March 2020
Following the announcement by the Ministry of Health of Kenya regarding all passenger flights suspension effective 25th March 2020 23:59 Kenya time, please note that the last Ethiopian Airlines flight will be as follows.
|Flight Number||Routing||Flight Date|
We are removing flights from the system beyond these dates. However, you might see flights beyond this date on the system but please note that it is not operational.
Kindly take note and be advised accordingly.
Updates and health advisory on the COVID-19 VirusReceived on – 13th March 2020
The safety and security of passengers and employees is always the top priority of Ethiopian Airlines.
Accordingly, we are working closely with WHO, IATA and the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to ensure your health and comfort as you fly with us.
our refunds and rebooking policy
Change fees are not applicable to tickets effective 04 March 2020. If there is a difference in the airfare or applicable taxes, due to the reissue/reroute of the ticket, the additional amount will need to be collected. Customers can change their booking to travel on or before April 2020. This policy is applicable only for travel to/from affected countries.
- Refund permitted free of charge if only original flight shown on the ticket is CANCELED.
- Refund can also be made free of charge by issuing a voucher of equal amount to be used within one year of issue.
- If voucher is required to be refunded applicable rule at time of ticket purchase shall apply
- For both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- No show fee will apply at all times except when flight is cancelled involuntarily by the airline.
- For Travel to/from cities not affected by the COVID-19, conditions at time of ticket purchase shall apply
Rerouting is permitted applying the applicable differences in fares, fees and taxes.
Here below please refer information on travel restrictions due to the spread of Corona Virus within Ethiopian Airlines network.
Passengers from China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Nigeria, Egypt and Algeria are not permitted to enter the country
Passengers who have stayed in China, Iran, Iraq and South Korea for the last 14 days not allowed to enter BAH except Bahraini and GCC nationalities
Passengers who have been in Lebanon, japan, Italy, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand for the past 14 days shall require visa. No visa on arrival option is available
Passengers from China shall be required to self-quarantine at arrival. There is no entry restriction
Hubei origin passengers are not allowed to travel to Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai & Chengdu
Comoros decided not to let any passenger from any point in China to arrive into the country. Please note that the restriction is also applicable on Comorian citizens.
All passengers originating from China and arriving at Congo Brazzaville shall be kept under quarantine for 14 days
Passengers originating from China & South Korea are restricted entry until further notice.
Passengers from the below countries (Including Equatorial Guineans) will not be permitted to enter the country until the epidemic of Corona Virus is under control. Please note that if passengers from listed countries arrive in Malabo, they would face immediate deportation by same plane.
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Iran
Chinese and Italian passengers shall be quarantined upon arrival
- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has banned travelers from Hubei province from entering and transiting the region in order to prevent the spread of Corona virus. Please note that the restriction does not apply to residents of Hong Kong
- Passengers originating from Italy (Emilia Romagna, Lombardy and Veneto Regions, which covers Bologna, Milan, Venice and Verona ) and Iran shall be quarantined for 14 days
- India has suspended e-visa to Chinese citizens and all passengers who visited the people’s republic of china on or after 15-jan-2020 will not be accepted and the already issued e-visa will no longer be valid.
- Passengers from China, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, South Korea, Italy & Iran are not permitted to enter the country
All passengers who have traveled to /transited via mainland China shall not be permitted to enter the county.
All passengers who have traveled to /transited via
- Iran: Tehran, Qom, and Gilan;
- Italy: the Lombardi, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Marche and Piedmont regions;
- South Korea: City of Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do Province
In the past 14 days shall not be permitted to enter the country
Effective the 21st of February, 2020 it is not permitted to enter into Israel for those passengers and Crew who had stayed in China; Hong Kong; Macao; Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Spain & France in the last 14 days.
Israeli nationals arriving from all countries under concern will have to go into home-quarantine immediately on arrival Israel.
Passengers from Daegu; Cheongdo-gun & Gyeongsangbuk-do regions of Korea & passengers from Hubei & Zhejiang provinces of China are not allowed to land in Japan
Citizens of Republic of China and Hong Kong are not permitted to enter Kuwait due to Corona virus. Furthermore, any foreigner passenger who has been in the Republic of China and Hong Kong during the last two weeks shall not be permitted to enter the country as well,
Passengers from China, South Korea, Iran & Italy are restricted from entering the country
The Malagasy state has advised airlines not to transport passengers from China or transiting via china.
Furthermore, restriction not to transport any passenger transited or originated in the last 14 days from South Korea, Iran and Italy effective immediately is also imposed
Passengers from Hubie, Zhejiang and Jiangsu provinces of China are not permitted to enter the country
Chinese, Iranians, Italians nationalities are not permitted to enter the country except if they have permanent Omani resident permit
Passengers originating OR transiting via China and the administrative regions of Hong Kong or Macau are forbidden from entering the country in order to control the spread of Corona virus.
- All arriving passengers from China (excluding HKG) with final destination Doha will be subject to further screening measure by the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH). After having passed the thermal screening process, terminating passengers will be verbally interviewed by Public Health Specialists prior to going through immigration formalities. Subject to the outcome of the interview, additional surveillance and control measures may be decided including quarantine measures.
- Egyptian nationals are not permitted to enter the Qatar due to corona virus
- Passengers from Bangladesh, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon ,Nepal,Pakistan,Philippines ,South Korea,Srilanka,Syria Thailand & Italy are not permitted to enter Qatar.
Temporary suspension of passages across the border for Chinese citizens, as well as Macau and Hong Kong passport holders effective 20th of Feb 2020 is imposed
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- KSA does not accept any Chinese national & any national originating from China to Saudi Arabia effective immediately.
- KSA does not accept Umrah passengers
- KSA does not accept Tourist visa passengers as well.
- Entry is suspended for the purpose of Umrah and visiting the Prophet’s Mosque temporarily.
- Tourism visa is suspended only for those passengers coming from the Peoples Republic of China which includes (Chinese Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao), Iran, Italy, Republic of Korea, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Philippines, Singapore, India, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Somalia and Vietnam.
- Passengers who had been in the Peoples Republic of China which includes (Chinese Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao) as well as Iran and those transited through these countries are not allowed to enter Saudi Arabia until 14 days later from their exit from these countries.
- Aircraft crew of national or international carriers will be allowed to enter the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and they will be subjected for medical examination if it is required.
Passengers who have been in China (including the SAR), South Korea, Italy and Iran in the last 14 days are not permitted to enter the country.
All passengers who have traveled to China in the past 14 days and all passengers who have been in Daegu City and Cheongdo County of Republic of Korea cannot enter Singapore
- Passengers who have been in China (Peoples Republic) in the past 20 days are not allowed to Enter
- Residents of Somalia who have been in China (Peoples Rep.) will be subject immediate Quarantine for a maximum of 14 Days.
Health Screenings at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
Medics stationed at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport and carry out continuous health screenings 24/7. Our flight crew are also equipped with all safety equipment they need to protect themselves and passengers from possible infection.
If you have booked your flight with us and want to know more on the flight availability, please contact us –
Please download our Memo HERE
Emergency Mobile Number: 254 700 372 398
Office Number: 254 733 606 617 | 254 721 763 949