INFO NOTE FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING IN RWANDA
Welcome to Rwanda! We are glad you have chosen to travel to Rwanda. Please find here
below information regarding COVID-19 guidelines and designated transit hotels.
As part of Government measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following is
mandatory upon entry into Rwanda as of 1 August 2020:
• All travelers arriving in Rwanda must be tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of
departure (meaning that you get tested and get results no more than 3 days before your
first flight), complete the passenger locator form, and upload the COVID-19 test certificate.
Please see passenger locator form link on www.rbc.gov.rw.
• All travelers arriving in Rwanda will be screened upon entry and be given a second test to
confirm the negative results of first test done prior to arrival.
• All travelers are required to complete 24 hours in a designated transit hotel while awaiting
the results of the second test.
• The Government of Rwanda has negotiated special rates at the designated hotels for the
waiting period. Should a guest wish to remain in the hotel after receiving negative test
results, they are welcome to extend their stay at the applicable hotel’s rates.
• The negotiated hotel rate is on full board basis (inclusive of three meals) and if a guest takes
less than the three meals, no refund will be provided. Any extras will be paid separately upon
• The meals are inclusive of water or soft drinks. Any extras will be paid for separately on
As of 1 August 2020, every traveler arriving in Rwanda on an international flight must
proceed to one of 17 selected hotels for a minimum of 24 hours.
• Once at the hotel, the following shall be the process:
• Step 1: You will be tested for COVID-19 and there will be a medical team to assist whenever
needed. A medical service fee of 10USD will be charged at the hotel as well as a 50 USD
charge for COVID-19 testing.
• The cost of COVID-19 test is 50USD per test. For further information on payment method
for Covid-19 test please visit www.rbc.gov.rw
• Step 2: Wait for the test results to be received by SMS or email.
• Step 3: If your test result is negative, you will be invited to checkout or extend your stay
in the same hotel at applicable hotel’s rates
• Step 4: If your test result is positive, you will be taken to a medical facility for specialized
care at your own cost. We encourage passengers to have international travel insurance.
Designated transit Hotels
No Hotel Name Level
(star) Location Room Rate
(per person) Telephone & Email contacts
1 KIGALI MARRIOTT HOTEL 5 KIYOVU USD 200 +250725880724
2 RADISSON BLU HOTEL 5 KIMIHURURA USD 170 +250 252 252 252/+250724000028
3 KIGALI SERENA HOTEL 5 KIYOVU USD 170 +250788200422
4 HOTEL DES MILLES COLLINES 4 KIYOVU USD 150
5 GRAND LEGACY HOTEL 4 REMERA USD 140
6 LEMIGO HOTEL 4 NYARURATAMA USD 140 +250738785048
7 GORILLAS GOLF HOTEL 4 KIMIHURURA USD 130 +250788174000 /+25088200500
8 PARK INN BY RADISSON 4 KIYOVU USD 120 +250788330045
9 UBUMWE GRANDE HOTEL 4 KIYOVU USD 100 +250788863995
10 KARISIMBI HOTEL 2 KIYOVU USD 90
11 HOTEL VILLA PORTOFINO 3 NYARUTARAMA USD 70 +250788971444
12 DOVE HOTEL 3 GISOZI USD 70 +250788771562
13 THE NEST KIGALI 2 KIMIHURURA USD 65 +250784131375
14 QUIET HAVEN HOTEL 3 NYARUTARAMA USD 60 +250786689763
15 GREAT SEASON HOTEL 3 GACURIRO USD 60
16 THE MIRROR HOTEL 3 REMERA –
GISMENT USD 50 +250783705716
17 GREENWICH HOTEL 2 REMERA USD 40 +250783761086
You may use your electronic devices while in transit hotel, but we count on you to do so responsibly,
particularly by respecting the security of the facility and the privacy of other guests at all times.
The preventive measures announced by the Ministry of Health must be observed by all, especially
frequent hand-washing, proper wearing of face masks in public, and maintaining safe physical distance
from others (at least one meter apart). For more details about COVID-19 clinical management guidelines,
please visit www.rbc.gov.rw.
Emergency Contacts Information:
• Toll free number: 114
• RBC Medical Team on Duty at Airport 24/7: (+250) 781415724
• Email: email@example.com
Once again, we thank you for your patience and cooperation and wish you a memorable stay in Rwanda.
Stay tuned for more updates.
If you have booked your flight with us and want to know more on the flight availability, please contact us –
Please download our Memo HERE
Emergency Mobile Number: 254 700 372 398
Office Number: 254 733 606 617 | 254 721 763 949