Slovak Visa Requirements Information
Slovak Embassy Address
Location: Milimani Road,
P.O.Box 30 204, 00 100 Nairobi
Tel.: +254 202721896, +254 202721898
Fax: +254 202717291
Working Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Slovak Visa Requirements
- Passport not older than 10 years and the validity of which has to exceed that of the requested visa by at least 3 months.
- A photocopy of the personal data page of the passport.
- 1 passport-sized color photo not older than 6 months.
- Official invitation issued by the Slovak Police Authorities.
- Adequate and valid individual travel insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the SMSs and cover the entire period of the applicant’s stay.
- In case the applicant is not a Kenyan citizen, certificate certifying lawful stay in Kenya.
- In case of a multiple entry visa, documents certifying the grounds for the multiple visits.
- In the case of minors, a written declaration by the legal representative giving consent to the travel.
- Besides meeting the general requirements, the applicant shall also supply a certificate of the financial coverage of his expenses and a certificate of the purpose of the visit.
The financial coverage of the expenses shall be certified with the following documents
- An original income certificate of the employer
- A bank account statement on the account turnover during the last three months
- A return airline print-out (reservation sufficient, ticket not required)
- Certificate of reserved accommodation and in case of minors, written declaration by the legal representative on the coverage of the costs and on the existence of the financial coverage. The purpose of the visit shall be certified with the following documents.
Applying for a transit visa
- A valid ticket certifying the purpose of the visit and a visa to the destination country, if necessary.
Applying for a short-stay visa
- In case of a tourist visit: the certificate of the travel agency; or in case of an individual visit: the prepaid reservation of accommodation.
- In case of an entry with an educational or other scientific or professional training purpose: the certificate of the receiving institution, the certificate of accommodation in Slovakia.
- In case of an entry for visitation: the letter of invitation issued and endorsed by the Office of Immigration and Nationality or the letter of invitation in the form of a public notarial document and a photocopy of the data page of the personal identification document/passport of the inviting party in Slovakia.
- In case of an entry for business purposes: a letter of invitation from the business partner, the certification of the existence of commercial-business relations, the certificate of the local chamber of commerce on the existence of business relations and certificate on the accommodation in Slovakia.
- In case of an entry with the purpose of medical treatment: the certificate of the receiving health institution, including reference to the fact that the expected coverage of the medical treatment is available, and other certification of the coverage of the medical treatment, as well as the certification of accommodation in Slovakia.
- For the purpose of sport: accreditation proving the participation in the sports event or contract with the Slovak sport club, the certificate issued by the delegating sport club / Olympic committee / Ministry of Sport, certificate issued by the delegating sport federation on the results achieved by the applicant in major international sport competitions and certificate issued by the organizers of the major international sport competition on the results achieved by the applicant.
- For the purpose of cultural activities: agency contract with the Slovak service provider, invitation letter issued by the host organization.
- For the purpose of attending the conference: invitation letter issued by the host organization, confirmation on participation issued by the host organization, certification issued by the delegating organization and receipt fro payment of the registration fee.
- The Consul may request the presentation of further documents in addition to the ones outlined above. All documents must be submitted in English and/or in Slovak.
- Documents shall be annexed to the applications being submitted in the original. If the applicant needs the original document, then a photocopy shall also be annexed besides presenting the original document.
- Any information on the application is given only to the applicant or to those who are legally authorized in the aforementioned way by the applicant.
Visas issued for free of charge to
- Children under the age of 14 and entered into the passport of the parent,
- Family members of EEA citizens,
- Children under the age of 6, traveling with their own passports.
Visa application processing time
- 30 days from the day of submitting the completed application.
Rejection of the visa application
- In case of an entry ban or doubts concerning the application, the Consular Department will refuse the visa application. The presentation of counterfeit documents is a reason for refusal in itself. Furthermore, the Consular Department reserves the right to examine the authenticity of the communicated data and the submitted documents. The communication of false data in itself will lead to the refusal of the visa application.
- Notification on the reason for refusal can be obtained at the Consular Department only by the applicant in person. At the applicant’s request, the notification can be issued in written form, as well.
- There is no legal remedy against the rejection of an application for an A, B or C visa; however, a complaint can be lodged to the Consul, the Ambassador or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovakia.
We are a Travel Management Company and we offer visa assistance service at a standardized non-refundable fee. Contact us for more information.
- We are a Travel & Tours Company in Nairobi, Kenya. We do not represent any Country\’s Embassy or personnel.
- Our objective is to assist you, our client in the Visa Application Process.
- We do not process Visa in our Company and neither are we authorized by any Embassy to do so.
- The Visa Application Assistance we provide is purely assistance based service.
- We DO NOT Promise a Positive / Negative outcome of your Visa Application Process.